6.19.2012

To My Husband

My husband is not only an incredible lover and friend but a wonderful father to our children. I love him with all my heart and soul. I want my husband to always know how much I respect and need him in my life. I'm so thankful that my babies have such a fine example of what a man is, how he loves the Lord and treats their mother with love and tenderness. My children are our front row audience to our marriage and will take comfort in witnessing the love we have for each other.

My daughter has told me that she wants to marry her daddy and I tell her that I'm praying for her husband and that he is a good man just like her father. My husband and I pray every night for our children and their future spouse. It is something that we both did when we were young. My husband tells me that the Lord really answered his prayers when he blessed him with me. That's what every wife should hear, that they are desirable and loved. Always.

My daughter was with her grandma, so it was Desmond's time to shine. 
Typical Kaufman family photo. My daughter wasn't in a photo
 taking mood but at least the boys were paying attention.

Dearest David,
Thank you for always putting your family first before yourself.
Thank you for always taking time out for our children, even when you are exhausted from a long day at work, you always make them feel important.
Thank you for always encouraging me and helping me grow and mature in the Lord.
Thank you for loving me, on my most unlovely days.
Thank you for making me feel desired and beautiful not only by your sweet words but by your actions as well.
Thank you for all the unexpected breathtaking face grabbing kisses...they still make me weak in the knees.
Thank you for the little surprises you give me that show you are thinking of me and love me.
Thank you for the texts just saying you love me.
Thank you for all the secrets you've shared with me.
Thank you for trusting in me.
Thank you for making me laugh harder than anyone ever could.
Thank you for all the date nights.
Thank you for forgiving me when I make a mistake and apologizing when you mess up and make one too. A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers. ~Ruth Bell Graham
Thank you for getting my water bottle 15 times a day because I always forget it (thought you'd get a good laugh at that one, David).
Thank you for the mirror love messages you leave me.
Thank you for praying for me and our children.
Thank you for your optimistic attitude, it has rubbed off on me.
Thank you for making me smile, even when I'm stubborn and try to fight off the smile.
Thank you for the hugs when I need them most.
Thank you for serenading me with your beautiful voice.
Thank you for all your praise.
Thank you for listening to me.
Thank you for all the advice you give me.
Thank you for your intellect and quick wit.
Thank you for your amazing sense of style and taste in music.
Thank you for looking so good lookin;)
Thank you for always defending me.
Thank you for setting a wonderful example of how a man should treat a woman.


I'm grateful I am married to my very best friend, one who has been right by my side through all the good and all the hard times. I'm forever grateful to my husband who cherished me while I was pregnant and told me I was gorgeous everyday, even when I was sick, grumpy and pregnant fat. I'm thankful for a husband who forgives me when I’m mad and who supports me in my personal growth. A husband who believes in me when I don’t, and who is my biggest cheerleader and confidant. I am just a mess of tears right now thinking of how grateful I am for my sweet husband!


I hope that all the fathers out there had a wonderful day for all the hard work they do for their families. You are so important and deserve more than one day of appreciation!

God Bless! -Amy


2 comments: