3.31.2012

Konichiwa!






1. Cut white felt in a rectangular patten, than hand stitch the short ends of the sides together. Allow for an opening of an inch seam and turn inside out. Fill with stuffing and sew close. For the fish, cut the shape on grey felt, added some stitching and cut out blue felt for the tail. Use a hot glue gun and glued them on the rice felt.
2. Cut black felt in a rectangular pattern, hand stitched the short ends of the sides together. Allow for an opening of an inch seam and turn inside out. Fill with stuffing and sew close. Cut a slightly smaller rectangle of the white felt and glue on top. Cut orange stripes and a tail, glue them on.
3. Cut pink felt in a square patten, than hand stitched the ends of the sides together. Allow for an opening of an inch seam and turn inside out. Fill with stuffing and sew close. Cut stripes and a tail, glue or stitch them on.
4. Cut out pattern for the Sushi Roll Rice from white felt. Cut out black felt for the seaweed. Cut out the carrot from orange (I had only yellow, no biggie) felt and the avocado from green felt.
Roll the carrot piece, roll the avocado piece, than roll the rice around both. Make sure to keep the roll tight. Finally roll the seaweed felt strip around the rice and use the glue to finish.
5. Cut white felt in a square patten, than hand stitched ends of the sides together. Allow for an inch seam and turn inside out. Fill with stuffing and sew close. I hand stitched pink felt on top and cut a thin black felt strip, wrapped it around and glue together at the bottom.


I look forward to many more sushi + tea party days with my daughter.

2 comments:

  1. I have an old tea asian tea set. I think I will make some of these out of clay (Quinn love to mold with clay) and have one with Quinn. Sooo adorable <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, you should do a post about it! :)<3

    ReplyDelete