3.21.2012

Love in a Letter

"There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature." — Jane Austen (Northanger Abbey)
Nothing makes me happier than sending and receiving hand written letters. I am working on writing handwritten letters to my family and friends. It is quite the rewarding thing to do. There is something so personal and thoughtful about them. It’s much more pleasing to receive a letter in the mail rather then writing a simple short email. There is so much warmth and love put into it, as if there is a piece of the soul in the handwriting.
I always write in cursive. In my opinion, it's just prettier than print.
My daughter, writing a letter to her "Pretty Prince" Nathan (In her words).
I love that my daughter wanted to write her friend too. She is such a doll!

My goal is to write one friend, everyday, to let them know I care and that I'm thinking of them. Today, I wrote two letters, so I am already a day ahead.

Sincerely yours,
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Since I've been out of state, I write letters a LOT. It is relaxing, and personal. And it always puts a smile on the readers face. :)

    P.S. Where's my letter? Hehe. Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete