5.29.2012

Memorial Day 2012

 I'm still on cloud 9 after our amazing Memorial Day weekend. Speaking of clouds, the rainy weather didn't at all spoil the fun we had. This was my husband's first 3 day weekend in a very long time and he got to relax and unwind to his heart's content. What a blessing it has been to have my husband home at nights and weekends! 

 My son had a lot of firsts this weekend. He got to swim in the pool and try baby food. It's hard to say what he loved more! He definitely is a water baby, I knew that before he even entered the pool because that boy loves his bath time. He also showed that baby food who's the boss!
We took this picture just before it started to rain cats and dogs.
David and his little girl baked birthday & memorial day cupcakes!
This book worm enjoyed reading while everyone had their naps.
Ava always making a big splash!
Desmond watching his sister swim. He couldn't wait to join her!
My boys. Desmond loved splashing, just like his sister.
Desmond with my cousin Christie, which would make them 2nd cousins. He really likes blondes, if you couldn't tell from the big smile on his face already. 
Before his first taste of food.
My grandpa fed him his 1st bite and this was his reaction to the bananas. He loved it and actually gobbled up a quarter of the jar.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day. I'm so grateful to those who willingly sacrificed their lives for our freedom. My heart goes out to their families and loves ones. 

God bless and thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. You have THE most gorgeous and photogenic family EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, I think the very same thing about your beautiful family!!! You are so sweet:) I would love to add your blog to my page, could you make a button so I could share it on my blog? <3

    ReplyDelete