On Mother's Day, I woke up to my husband's sweet kisses and wishes for me to have a Happy Mothers Day. I get up, take a shower and when I'm done I read the message my husband wrote on the bathroom mirror. We love writing each other secret message on the mirror and after reading his message, I had a big goofy smile stretched from ear to ear that whole day. After my shower, I found these cards waiting for me...
My husband says the sweetest things and I'm not one of those girls that cries easily but these cards made me weep like a baby. My daughter made me this beautiful flower holder and even planted the flower. She actually made the whole thing! Hammered the nails, painted it and planted the flowers (all supervised, of course). My heart melts into a puddle every time I look at this gift of love created by her tiny hands.
Our church had a special baby dedication service for my son and other sweet precious babies. Dedicating a child acknowledges God's sovereignty not only over the
child, but also Mom and Dad. Parents will present their child before God and
His people asking for grace and wisdom in carrying out their
responsibilities. We are so thankful to have a loving church and family that wants our babies to grow up knowing God.
Our little family.
Please, don't be deceived by this picture. Our family isn't as photogenic as I would like everyone to believe we are. The picture above is the only picture out of 20 pictures taken that looked great. These are what the other 19 photos looked like...
This picture embodies our family much more than the 'picture perfect' photo. My daughter is always being silly, my son is fussy, my husband blinks and yours truly is not paying attention.
This is my life and I love every imperfect moment of it.
The official song for all the Mothers in the world.




No comments:
Post a Comment