3.12.2012

Tiffany's Baby Blues





Back in September, we said goodbye to the gators and hello to Tiffany's blue for the kids shared bedroom. I also decided to paint a wallpaper mural, inspired by the lovely Jones Design Company. So off my pregnant tushie went, waddling to Home Depot with the Tiffany's color swatch that I cut from the Tiffany's bag and had the color matched.  For those of you at home that want to get this color, it's by Behr - Mint Majesty.

After a total of 21 hours of sketching and painting this is what the wall looks like.

A painting of my husband as a baby.

I love how it turned out and I have received so many compliments on it. Friends and family can't believe that it is actually hand painted on the wall. I painted this when I was 9 months pregnant, which is probably part of the reason why I was so frustrated with this project. Being massively pregnant, standing on a chair, stenciling and painting was not something I envisioned myself doing in my last trimester. I am the type of person that doesn't quit something, pregnant or not, this mural would not get the better of me.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend anyone to do this project. Even if you have amazing patience, it will be destroyed. I had so many temper tantrums from this mural... Remember, pregnancy hormones aren't pretty!

One of my favorite things about this color it that it changes during the day. One minute you will walk in and it is a bright mint green, the next it's a bright turquoise blue. On opposite wall, I have another project in the works, nothing as major as this one though. I told my husband that we better not plan to move anytime soon after this and that next time, we are going to use wallpaper.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment