3.14.2012

New York City

It's hard to believe that a year ago, my husband and I were walking the streets of the Big Apple. The main reason for our trip to New York was to see Godspeed You! Black Emperor. The band had been on a nine-year break and when we heard they were going to tour again, we couldn't miss out. Godspeed did not disappoint, they played an amazing show. Below is a video of the concert.




Another reason for our New York trip is that we wanted to enjoy a nice vacation, just the two of us before baby #2 joined our family. Speaking of baby #2, Desmond is 3 months old today! I guess if people can do simple math they could figure out that he is our New York baby.
Celebrating our anniversary at Angelo & Maxie's
It was a beautiful day in Central Park.
Serendipity satisfied our sweet tooth.
Junior's has the best cheesecake.
St. Patrick's day parade.
On top of the world. The Empire State building.
I didn't know it was so small? (That's what she said!)
Insider trading?

We ate so much food, met interesting people and saw all the sites we could possibly see in 5 days. One thing I wish we could have done was take a train to Montauk, because of my love of the movie Eternal Sunshine and the Spotless Mind ...But, alas, it was hours out of our trip and we had a schedule to stick to.

One of my favorite things we did was make a visit at MOOD. I could live here!
Picking out my fabric at MOOD.
I would love to work here.



I got to say the famous Tim Gunn line...no not "Make it work" but "Thank You, Mood!"
I only wish I said it with a little more excitement but trust 
me, I was one happy girl in that store.

Here is a list of some of the things we did:
  • Watched the St. Patrick's Day parade
  • Went on a ride through Central Park
  • Hit up Wall Street
  • Bought fabric at MOOD
  • Satisfied our sweet tooth at Serendipity
  • Ate the best cheesecake we have ever had at Junior's
  • Bronx Zoo
  • Saw Godspeed You! Black Emperor 
  • Watched them film New Year's Eve the movie in Time Square
  • Rode the subways (a million times)
  • Grand Central Station
  • Went to the tippy top floor of The Empire State Building
  • Ate at Carmines
  • Nintendo World Store. I got Ava a Yoshi backpack, I'm the coolest mom ever.
  • The American Museum of Natural History
  • Marveled at the Statue of Liberty
  • Walked around Downtown Manhattan
  • Went to the memorial site of the World Trade Center
  • The UN
So that was our trip, it only took me a year later it to blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment