You are who you are. Who cares if that girl has thinner thighs than you, she may be jealous of your perceived flawless skin. We women are thought by many to be complex creatures but in reality, at the core of our sinful behavior is envy. When we envy another woman's life and accomplishments, we are only hurting ourselves. Since when does talking trash about another woman ever made us feel better about ourselves? Do not lie to yourself and do NOT let the devil fool you.
In my opinion, a professing christian woman who does this is leagues worse than others. As christian women, we should know better. We are taught to love and reach out to others and when we act foolish, we ruin our chances to witness to the unsaved. We must live by example, we must be accountable for our actions and behavior.
A couple years back, I had a big issue with a girl. We had never met in person but we had many mutual friends. This girl hurt my feelings and I attacked her right back. We battled with our hurtful words and put downs for over a year and a half. One night, it hit me. I am a christian woman, but what I was doing was nothing Christ would do. I felt immediately ashamed of what I had done and I began to pray asking for the Lord to forgive me and to change my heart. I began to pray for the girl, everyday, even when she would continue to attack me, I would just pray harder for her. I let it go to God. I never want to become that insecure, vindictive person again that had hurt others just to feel better about myself.
I do not claim to have it all together, I fail everyday. No christian is perfect or better than another individual. We have been saved by grace but will ALWAYS come short of His glory. I want to become the woman the Lord wants me to be. I want him to clothe me in grace, strength and dignity. I want to forgive those that hurt me, to love my enemies and to pray for them everyday. I want to be a living example of Christ's love to my daughter and son. I want my children to grow up knowing that they are loved by their heavenly Father and what ever battles they will face, the Lord will ALWAYS have their back.
I pray that the Lord tames my envious heart and grants me strength and wisdom. I want to be the devil's #1 enemy:)



No comments:
Post a Comment